Sunday, January 5, 2014

The come to Jesus Moment

So I'm 3 hours into what I thought was a simple job. I was going to swap the plates and appliances over so I could get the new appliances in and put away and then do a quick rearrange of the tupperware cupboard because it was getting unruly and someone (husband anyone?) put the floor and rice jars we'd been given into the tupperware cupboard before I could put them in the front room until I reorganised the pantry. I am surrounded by plant pots, empty jars, old sauce bottles, chocolate molds and multiple sets of measuring cups and am faced with a dilemma. How useful are the things I'm keeping because they are useful if I never, ever use them? So far I've thrown out containers with damaged lids, damaged containers, anything that is damaged beyond repair or repair I am willing to carry out, but still there is so much stuff. I have a pile of lids (I know right, lids?!) that will be tossed once I've confirmed I don't have the container stashed somewhere else. I'm trying to decide just how many icing sets I need (I do actually use them, but again, so many?), which sets of measuring spoons and cups I will keep (why do I need 4?). It's interesting sitting on the floor in the middle of my stuff trying to work out why I have it. Update from earlier: I threw out the lids, the bent ice cube trays and chocolate molds, but kept the icey pole maker.

In: 1
Out: 24
Totals:
In: 42
Out: 133

No comments:

Post a Comment